VERTU CAPITAL invests in companies that are targeting transformational growth, either organic or through M&A. We have the flexibility to consider a variety of deal types and capital structures, with a focus on late stage growth equity and mid-market buyouts.
Key Partnership Criteria
- Regional, national or global leaders and/or displacers with sustainable value ‘propositions’
- B2B or B2G and non-cyclical
- Pursuing markets of $1B+
- $20M or greater in revenue
- Profitable or on-track to profitability
- Headquartered in Canada
We bring the DISCIPLINE, RIGOUR and PROCESS developed over years of private equity investing within institutional environments to growth and mid-market opportunities.
- Deal Sourcing Deal Sourcing
- Well developed network and sources of proprietary deal flow and strong relationships with advisors.
- Belief that building a relationship with management teams early leads to successful investment outcomes and a foundation of trust.
- Thesis Development
- Focused on scaling operations while optimizing financial results, pursuing M&A strategies.
- Risk mitigation strategies and opportunities for increased growth well developed prior to making an investment.
- Thorough diligence efforts using best practices perfected over years of working in large scale buyouts and institutional investing environments.
- Professional network of diligence providers supporting accounting, legal, and technical efforts.
- Operating advisor model bringing post-close execution experience on day one.
- Focused on capital structure optimization, including the use of appropriate levels of leverage to maximize returns, while not placing undue pressure on the operating company.
- Significant minority or control positions, alongside meaningful investment from founders/mangers to ensure complete alignment.
- Post-transaction, VERTU brings years of hands-on experience to support Board of Director level decisions as well as support in areas of operational, finance, mergers and acquisitions, and people.
- Our operating advisor team provides additional support for management teams to leverage across a broad range of technical and business areas.
VERTU CAPITAL’s strategic advantage lies in its ability to offer meaningful thought partnership and access to a best in class global network.
- Organic and M&A strategy execution
- Key performance metrics setting and tracking
- Augmenting management talent and scaling world-class teams
- Go-to-market and R&D strategy optimization
- Organizational strategy development
- Top-tier advisor connections, globally
- High-value customer and partner connections
- En bloc sale or IPO preparation
- Capital structure management (debt & equity)